When you or your child need braces, where will you go? You may have noticed that many dentists are providing orthodontic treatments. Dentists are educated in treating oral health, including your teeth and gums. Orthodontists are specialists with additional years of training beyond dental school. They focus on moving teeth and aligning jaws. For the best results, choose an orthodontist who has specialized training in orthodontic care by calling Patritto Orthodontics in Ottumwa and Oskaloosa, IA today!
- Orthodontists are dentists first
- They take 2-3 years of additional training to specialize in orthodontics
- Permanent teeth come in about age 7 and this is the recommended age to see an orthodontist
- Braces may not begin immediately, but evaluation and treatment planning is important
- Growth spurts in early teenage years yield fast orthodontic results
- First, second or any opinions are free of charge
- Call our Ottumwa or Oskaloosa, IA offices for an appointment today!
Healthy, straight teeth are important for many reasons. If your child’s bite isn’t aligned properly, tooth decay, gum disease, earaches and headaches, biting, chewing, and speaking issues can occur. In addition, crooked or crowded teeth can affect self-esteem, making them feel uncomfortable around their peers. Rather than putting your kids in uncomfortable situations and at risk for oral health issues, bring them to Patritto Orthodontics in either our Ottumwa or Oskaloosa, IA location.